Along with the source code for YUI, your download includes 220 functional examples and tutorials showing YUI 3 in action. Use the list below or the menu at left to review these YUI demos. Hundreds of additional YUI components are available in the YUI 3 Gallery.
User's guides for each YUI component can be found on the YUI website. (Note: Almost all examples in this distribution will work if you are browsing them from your filesystem, but some examples included here do need to be deployed on a PHP-enabled http server to function properly; if you don't have access to such a setup, just check out those examples on our website to see how they work.)
YUI 3 Core Examples
YUI 3 Component Infrastructure Examples
YUI 3 Widget Examples
YUI 3 Utility Examples
- Check out the examples of YUI in action. We recommend starting with the base YUI module and then move on to Node. Other utilities like Event, IO and Drag and Drop make for good points of exploration.
- Remember that there are full user's guides for each component on the YUI website. If you have any questions about a component as you play with the examples, check out the component's user's guide (by following any of the links along the left side of the page) or the searchable API documentation.
- Visit the Gallery: The YUI 3 Gallery contains hundreds of user-contributed, YUI 3-based modules you can use directly from your
- Start building. Use the YUI 3 Configurator to configure a page for YUI 3 usage or base your exploration off of one of the existing examples.
- Become a member of the YUI community. The YUI team and developers in the YUI community share thoughts and solutions in YUI 3 Forums. YUI developers also contribute to the YUIBlog, where you'll find in-depth articles, videos and other great content about YUI and the world of frontend engineering.